cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Does anyone do their own gel nails at home?

eza78
Multimasker

Will do @Julia , hoping I'll get time to have a play with my new kit at the weekend.

AnnaKr
Winging It

I have the sensationail kit but the polishes are naff Smiley Sad

They chip and peel off my nails after a few days. I really like the bluesky gel polishes, they are so much cheaper and seem to last forever, you can get them on Amazon really cheaply too!

As long as you remove gels properly (i.e. no picking at them!) then they shouldn't cause any damage to your nails Smiley Happy

Xx

eza78
Multimasker

Great advice @AnnaKr 

I've heard of Blue Sky polishes do I'll check those out.

MFbeauty
Beauty Crush

I use the fuse gelnamel kit, I’ve used it with the fuse polishes aswell as sensationail polishes its so much faster and easier than normal nail polish as you don’t have to wait till it dries and it doesn’t budge once set. However I don’t know if I’m just doing it wrong but it doesn’t seem to last me more than two days but that could be down to the fact I have to wash my hands so much due to work x 

Acarr2507
Nailing It

I have a uv lamp and do gel nails from home. They do last well and look good but I get concerned about the uv lamp. I have very pale skin and noticed I got a LOT of new freckles on my hands after I used it and they haven't faded or gone away at all. It could just be because I'm so pale but it did worry me a bit that it could have that affect 

AliB85
Getting Lippy

Unfortunately in my line of work I'm not allowed nice nails. I once had gel nails when I was on annual leave and it absolutely ruined my fingernails.  Wish I could advise but I can't

eza78
Multimasker

@Acarr2507 that's a good point about the UV light, it had never even occurred to me but makes total sense.  I've seen there are LED nail lamps on the market now which 'cure' the gel faster & perhaps would be less damaging for skin.  My hands are aged enough already to be honest, I don't need extra damage from a nail light!