cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone do their own gel nails at home?

eza78
Multimasker

Hi lovelies,

I was just wondering if anyone does their own gel nails at home?  I work with my hands so my nail polish chips every single day.  I'm wondering if gel nails are the answer and if it's not too much faff to do them at home.  Also, may be silly question, but is gel bad for your nails?  I've only just managed to grow them recently after being a nail-biter for years, so am keen to keep them strong and healthy as well as looking pretty.

Screen Shot 2019-03-21 at 17.42.28.png

16 REPLIES 16

Re: Does anyone do their own gel nails at home?

Pineapple
Beauty Icon

@eza78 I'm sorry I can't help with this, I rock the chipped nails too Woman LOL.

Julia
Beauty Icon

@eza78  hi I have tried the sensational nail  at home some of them last 10 days or more but some  chip the next day or  so . But if you get the original gel builder in amazon or ebay rather than gel polish the gel builder is very good abd lasts about the same time as acrylic or until you do them agail so depends how long you want to keep them. In uk not many salons do gel builder they use gel polish which chips quick 

donster
Going Pro

@eza78 I'm interested in this too as I have weak nails and am forever dealing with chipping polish!  I have seen some starter kits online and was tempted to give them a try (but will probably get my Daughter to do them for me as I think I will struggle doing my own!)

eza78
Multimasker

@Julia that's a great tip, many thanks for that.  I would never have thought of doing that but it sounds ideal as my nails get mangled at work & the gel builder would add some strength and protection.

eza78
Multimasker

@donster I've just treated myself to an intro kit from Mylee so I shall let you know how I get on with it.  

donster
Going Pro

@eza78 yes please let me know how you get on

Julia
Beauty Icon

@eza78 oh that's nice I keep watching them online but haven't bought any but I did have them done once abroad and I did like the gel builder it was very nice and I think gentle on nails than acrylic. Let us know how you get on with it 

eza78
Multimasker

Watch this space!  I'm determined to have nice nails to show off now I've FINALLY managed to stop biting them. 

Julia
Beauty Icon

Definitely will do. Please tag me when you post so I don't miss out ❤ @eza78