cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone do their own acrylic nails?

makeup-addict
Multimasker

Hey all 😊

I have acrylic nails and get them infilled every 2-3 weeks and am thinking of trying to do them myself.

I like having them acrylic because the nail varnish doesn’t ever chip and it’s stopped my hands from being so dry.

Does anyone do their own acrylics at home? The starter sets I’ve seen seem quite cheap and if I could do it my self I’d be able to save some money. 

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Does anyone do their own acrylic nails?

BeautySeeker-03
Multimasker

I bought a starter set from Amazon for supper cheap under £20😱 which included everything you need including a plastic hand to practice on! & you can upgrade to better poducts over time once youv mastered acrylics It's defentily worth the investment in the long run. I'm just learning myself just now also. I will update you & let you know how I get on😁💅 

BeautySeeker-03
Multimasker

@makeup-addict  I also purchased a great dvd that talks you &shows you along the way which is super good to understand &follow for beginners. If you purchase a starter kit let me know I will easily send you the dvd 🤗😁

makeup-addict
Multimasker

Aww that’s so kind of you, thank you! @BeautySeeker-03 

I look forward to hearing how yours go,

I’ll have a little look on amazon and let you know which one I get 😁 x

Khan_Beauty
Multimasker

@makeup-addict I would really recommend to watch Youtube videos on it, one i have seen is the Nail Career Education, she shows all the different things you will need for different nail designs including acrylics. Hope this helps. Heart

makeup-addict
Multimasker

Thanks @Khan_Beauty 

BeautySeeker-03
Multimasker

@makeup-addict  it's no problem at all😁 just let me know when you have your kit & il send it over to you! I will keep you updated on my progress doing mine🤞😬💅 X

Tarnjit
Multimasker

@makeup-addict would save a lot of money if I could! But bet I wouldn't be able to do my own right hand so probably not worth me learning!! Would be great to see how you both get on though @BeautySeeker-03 @Xox

Lois1
Multimasker

@makeup-addict I used to do my own, never bought a starter kit so dont know what they include.. Jumped straight in & bought all the proper stuff.. I was lucky that i had a friend who did nails so she talked me through everything.. Doing your own isnt easy, i'm lucky that im quite ambidextrous lol but at least you can take as long as you like & file n shape to your happy with your finished look.