cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice for hair straighteners

Community Manager
Community Manager

I was wondering if anyone has advice on hair straighteners? I have only bought Ghd in the past, however I am looking for a cheaper alternative and wondering if Babyliss straighteners are any good?

The Ombre Hair Straightener 2084U - pink - BaByliss have caught my eye! Has anyone on the community used these before?

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Advice for hair straighteners

charlotte
Winging It

Yes i have BaByliss straighteners - they are so good Black Vintage Glamour Ceramic Smooth Hair Straightener 2067Du - black - BaByliss

My hair is so smooth. Everyone compliments me on my shiny locks! Woman LOL

SmileyShazza
Multimasker

When my old Mark IV GHDs started becoming less and less effective I decided to get a pair of Remington Shine Therapy straighteners and they are fab.

They are currently on offer at £39.99 reduced from £79.99 in Boots. I would definitely recommend them.

Riddler46
Getting Lippy

Hi there I have these straighteners and there excellent quality in fact they’ve replaced my rather old salon pair 💋hope that helps xx

AliceTvirus
Getting Lippy

The Remington straighteners are great and I think just as good as Ghds but a lot cheaper 

Amanda-C
Perfectly Primed

Hi @NaomiW  I have used cheaper ones in the past ie. Babyliss and Mark Hill, but have personally found that you get what you pay for! Smiley Sad I now use Corioliss which are better than GHD (in my opinion) but are still a high price. x

Tarnjit
Multimasker

I'm also going to vouch for remmingtom straighteners. I'm on my second pair and first one had a really wide paddle which I loved and second time round I couldn't find such a wide paddle I just bought some more remmington straighteners and I have waist length hair but found them to be so effective and good that it doesn't take me much time at all and hair stays straight for few days. My sister has cloud 9s and she used mine once and was so surprised that they were as good as her cloud 9s or even better as she has naturally curly hair it gave her perfect straight hair and it stayed put all day long and then got a little frizzier next day and so on. Xoxo