cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the one item you think no one should ever gift someone?

sfbeautyxo
Living the Highlight

What is the one item you think no one should ever gift someone? 

11 REPLIES 11

Re: What is the one item you think no one should ever gift someone?

MiaL
Multimasker

I don’t know if there’s any one item, but my grandmother has a magical way of buying incredibly inappropriate gifts. She once destroyed my Christmas with a particular gift, but the funny thing is I don’t even remember what it was or why it was so inappropriate. I know it was a book, but I can’t remember what it was about or why it was so offensive to me. But I to give another example of how bad her gifts can be, I remember I had been vegetarian for 6 months when she gave me a meat carving set for Christmas🤦‍♀️🙄😑

DJMcCumiskey
Beauty Icon

Anti Wrinkle Cream perhaps?  😋  I seriously wanted to get this for my SIL one Christmas as I don't particularly like her!  There was one on offer in a lovely Christmas gift set and everything.....🤣 

Amanda-C
Perfectly Primed

LOL @DJMcCumiskey Smiley Very Happy I think anti wrinkle cream is fine IF, and only IF someone has asked for it, otherwise......... NO!!!!!!!! Smiley Wink LOL

Amanda-C
Perfectly Primed

Basically anything that says ''this will help you look better''!!!!!!!!! Unless the recipient has actually asked for the item! Smiley Wink x

Highlighted

DJMcCumiskey
Beauty Icon

Lol!  😂  My husband was like "you can't get her that!", and I was like little miss innocent..."why?"  😇 

@Amanda-C

SophieG1
Beauty Icon

@MiaL my grandmother re gifted the perfume i got her to my younger sister the following year it was so funny!! xx

MiaL
Multimasker

@SophieG1 Yeah that’s a yikes, lol. Maybe she forgot you gave it to her?

I have actually thought of a gift nobody should ever give unless someone has specifically asked for it. Bathroom scales. It’s just the kind of gift my grandmother would give. If you really want to offend your sister-in-law @DJMcCumiskey, I recommend bathroom scales😉😁

DJMcCumiskey
Beauty Icon

@MiaL Your grandmother sounds awesome!  😂 

That's this years gift sorted for her then!  ✅  Well, it would be if only we had her in the Secret Santa...but we've got the other sister in law this year, who is better, but a bit of a snob.  😆

Michael
Nailing It

@sfbeautyxo

Deodorant lol. My twin sister always gives me a shower gel and deodorant set as one of my gifts for Christmas. I've asked her many times of she's trying to tell me something lol. If I got her one she'd probably scream!! In fact this year..........