cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Really hard to see winners/if a competition is closed....

Shy82
Nailing It

Hi, is it just me or is it really hard to see when a competition has finished and winners drawn? Even if you’re not a winner surely the system shouldn’t let you reply or post if it’s over? People are commenting weeks after a competition has ended and it’s really confusing! Is there a way once the competition has ended people can no longer post and everyone who applied is notified and winners announced? Thanks so much! X

16 REPLIES 16

Re: Really hard to see winners/if a competition is closed....

shubhi
All Eyes on Me

True!! The post should be deactivated for people to comment once winners are announced.
This way it will be much easier!!

SilviaP
All Eyes on Me

Would be nice if they could just close the competition. I keep getting the notifications that someone commented ....

Lois1
Multimasker

Finding it really hard to even find the original posts yet still keep being told someone has commented. Much better if they closed the thread & had a seperate one for the list of winners. 

DJMcCumiskey
In the Spotlight

I agree, it is annoying.  After the competition is close and the winners are notified, the thread should be locked or deleted.  

Even though it clearly says in the title that's it's close, people are still entering!   I'm going to unsubscribe to a lot of threads, as I'm sick of getting notifications too.  It's yet another flaw with this website.  I don't know how long the web developers worked on getting this site ready for, but sometimes it feels like they just knocked it out in a rush.  

It it doesn't even feel as busy as it once was, some names who were here when I first joined, don't seem to have posted for weeks now.  It needs to draw new people in, and not just ones signing up so they can vote for the competitions.  🤨

SilviaP
All Eyes on Me

@DJMcCumiskey unfortunately majority of replies are on competitions posts the rest don't have as much engagement 

Sabina
Getting Lippy

Agree with you. Same applies for Tester Wanted sections

I dont think they hive sufficient time to actually put your name down. When you work full time its hard to keep track of all the blogs you need to catch up with. I just hope they make it fair so everyone gets a chance.

I know sone brands send out surveys to compkete before saying youve been selected to test product

donster
All Eyes on Me

I agree, once a competition is closed you should no longer be able to post comments on it.

I also think that the 'vote' section should give an entries open time frame so that people have an opportunity to post their pics and voting starts after this date when all entries are received. I have noticed on previous voting posts the first entries submitted get a bit of a head start with votes. Personally I havent posted pics on any of the voting polls, its just an observation and I think it would be fairer.  

Community Manager
Community Manager

@Shy82 wrote:

Hi, is it just me or is it really hard to see when a competition has finished and winners drawn? Even if you’re not a winner surely the system shouldn’t let you reply or post if it’s over? People are commenting weeks after a competition has ended and it’s really confusing! Is there a way once the competition has ended people can no longer post and everyone who applied is notified and winners announced? Thanks so much! X

Hey @Shy82, thanks so much for your feedback - we're taking it on board and we are looking to resolve this issue asap as I know it can be annoying to continue receiving notifications after a competition is closed! Please continue to let us know how you think we can improve the Community 😊 💕

shubhi
All Eyes on Me

Hi @TazK here are few suggestions:-

> Append Competition Closed at the beginning of subject line

> Also where the dates are mentioned you can changed it to has Competition closed  and winners have been announced.

>Thirdly once winners are announced if comments sections can be disabled.

> Hope this helps:-)